What´s The Best Skincare for Aging Skin | Tips for Over 40s
Skin Care should commence as early as in your late 20s and should become a continued, step by step routine when you are in your 40s, 50s, 60s etc. Your skin health depends on factors such as genetics, the environment and your lifestyle. The older you get the more attention you have to give to your skin, not only for health matters but also to delay aging, and FEEL YOUNGER AND RAVISHING AT ANY AGE. SO, what´s the best skincare for aging skin?
What Are The Signs of Aging?
The skin is exposed to harsh environment, UV rays, chemicals, toxins and pollution on a daily basis. In time as you age, changes to your skin start appearing.
Can you identify yourself with any of the following:
- fine forehead lines,
- crow´s feet,
- age spots,
- rough skin,
- loss of elasticity,
- sagging skin,
- deep wrinkles, and
- skin thinning.
Then, it is your duty to protect your skin at the earliest possible.
There are many regimens you can consider to make your skin look vibrant, fresh and rejuvenated.
What Treatments Can Make YOU Look Younger ?
Let´s have a look.
Biological aging (genetics, hormonal and metabolism process) is inescapable, though some skins are lucky as they never seem to age.
Sometimes it is not possible to choose the environment and climate where you live in, due to other life commitments. However, if there´s one thing you can work on and control, it is ´your lifestyle´.
In today´s post I will reveal important daily routines, weekly routines and periodical treatment advice to encourage you maintain radiant skin at all times.
You will also get some ideas on how to make your own skincare remedy packs for home use.
Nutrition plays an important role to prolong skin aging :
- Vitamins A, D & E smooth your skin, fine lines and wrinkles.
- Vitamin C is known to improve collagen and elasticity.
- Essential fatty acids (Vitamin F / omega-3 & omega-6) are important nutrients for skin protection, skin function and skin appearance.
- Probiotics enhance a healthy gut.
What Is The Best Regimen For Aging Skin?
Your Daily Skin Care Routine should include:
- Cleansing of face; make sure you remove all make up before bed time.
- Body cleaning; keep your body clean, alternate hot and warm water showers to vitalise your skin. Use natural and chemical free soap products, let your skin dry on its own or pat dry, never rub.
- Use sunscreen if you are in the sun during peak hours. During the rest of the day better seek the shade or wear protective clothing; sunglasses, hat, cover arms and legs with lighter cotton wear.
- Moisturise your skin. Consider using oil based moisturisers or even natural oils if you have dry skin.
- Drink water to keep hydrated and top up your body fluids.
- Do a self massage with oils or foot massage before bedtime.
Your Weekly Skin Care routine should include:
- Exfoliate the whole body during bath time, at least once a week. Don´t overdo the exfoliation, as in repeating on a frequent basis, this can irritate your skin.
- Do a face mask, preferably twice a week. This deep tissue cleansing will remove impurities and makes your skin breathe.
- Treat your feet with a pedicure, either weekly or fortnightly. Removing hard skin and caring for your toe nails does not only make your feet look pretty, but also prevents you from any foot condition like growing of bunions and corns, fungus and ingrown nails.
Your Periodical Skin Care Treatments:
- Go to a spa, a steam bath will open all your pores and makes your skin detox, helps you relax and improves circulation.
- Get a massage; this will not only help your skin but also makes your internal organs work better. Well cared organs that function properly will bring you more beauty from inside out.
- Give yourself or go for a nice foot massage. This is super caring treat for your feet and all your body system as there are pressure points all over your feet.
A Thorough Body Treatment for A Newly Born Skin Feeling
Go for an ayurveda program retreat; should you wish to have a complete skin overhaul treatment then there´s nothing better I can recommend then treating yourself for any ayurveda rejuvenation program.
Such treatments usually last from 7-10 days and you will get pampered all over with expert attention, and services usually include steam, herbal bath, herbal face pack, massages with fruits and herbal juices, massage with decocted oils, free yoga and meditation classes and many more.
I, myself have done this on two occasions and will surely be repeating as the physical and well-being benefits are unparalleled to any other treatment you can get.
What are Natural Remedies for Skincare ?
Go natural: Do your own natural home packs (some ideas)
Here are a few combinations that you can D-I-Y at home. Ideally used as face masks but can easily be used on your body, say you have a dry, flaky area you wish to treat.
Simply mix the ingredients well together, apply to a clean face, leave in for 15 minutes and then wash off with warm water.
- Honey and yoghurt mix will hydrate and prevent acne and pimples.
- Banana and yoghurt mix is great for dry aging skin.
- Turmeric and milk mix for radiant skin.
- Sandalwood and milk mix is ideal for skin with spots and blemishes.
- Papaya fruit pulp with honey and lemon is used to lighten the skin.
- Aloe vera applied directly on the skin works wonders; it hydrates, relaxes, and removes redness (also sunburn), puffiness, and pimples.
Find out about the all natural skin beauty secrets by Priyanka Chopra
More Tips to Look Younger Naturally
- Watch your diet, eating well and healthy benefits your skin and the whole body system.
- Stop smoking, to avoid premature aging cells because of loss of nutrients oxygen that are needed to help protect your skin.
- Sleep well, to renovate your skin cells.
- Exercise on a regular basis, to circulate your blood and bring radiance to your skin surface, besides strengthening the muscles
- Stay stress free
Go Natural: As much as possible try to use natural and toxic free products. I have lists of my favorite’s manuka honey face products and natural face care products.
Aim For a Younger Look
Skin care is a day to day care regime that you should look forward to and make it a regular treat or reward to your achievements. This way you will prolong aging and best of all feel better in your skin and with yourself.
Radiant skin reflects health, confidence and well-being.
The sooner you start taking care of your skin the more you extend the youthful look appearance. The healthier and the more active you are minimises the aging signs on your face, skin and body.
Have you any tricks to share with us on how to improve skin maintenance?
14 thoughts on “What´s The Best Skincare for Aging Skin | Tips for Over 40s”
I enjoyed reading this article.I like how you mentioned how nutrition plays an important role in skin care and the benefits of a healthy diet. I also liked the details skin care routine. I fail to do all of the routine every day but after reading your article, I will give it a try. Thank you for this article. I really benefited from it.
Hi Yoana, thank you for writing. I´m glad you liked the article. It is important to include skincare in our routine as we benefit from it when we age.
This was an interesting and helpful article.
The recommendations you make are easy to follow and won’t cost a lot of money. Too many skin product manufacturers are only interested in promoting expensive products.
I particulary liked the home made natural remedies. I hadn’t heard of some of those combinations before. I liked that they are all things that I usually have in the house.
Hi and thank you for writing. The beauty of natural remedies is that usually you have the ingredients available in the house. One just has to know how to use them.
Thank you for your post. it is a timely article for me. I become old and there are many issues with skin, such as dryness, deep wrinkles, and skin thinning etc. I think about doing some for my skin, but never take time to do the research.
Here comes your article, which has all I want to know on how to take care of aging skin. I particularly like your description on Daily skin care routine. I drink too little water right now, since I don’t want go to bathroom so often. I agree with you that I need to keep hydrated and drink a lot of water. It is good idea to do self massage. It is cheap and easy to do and it is totally free. I see that you also have a article on foot massage and I will read it and practice it.
Hi Anthony, thank you for writing. I´m glad you enjoy reading the information and above all that you are curious to try things out.
Thanks for the natural treatments mentioned and I am most lucky to stumble upon your post thanks for sharing. I especially liked the nutritional vitamins to keep skin looking young. I will pass on to the lady in the house.
I look forward to read more in the future. Have a nice day.
Hi, thanks for writing and I’m glad you find the information useful.
This is a very important and helpful article especially to ladies in countries with hot weather . Maintaining a particular skin tone seems kind of impossible cos it always get tanned by the hot radiation from the sun. The daily skin care routine is really helpful from cleansing of face to doing a self massage. thank you for this.
Hi, thank you for writing. So true. Our skin is exposed to harsh environment and we need to take care of it as much as we can.
This is really a fascinating piece on what is the best skin care for aging skin… This is indeed very educational I have learnt a lot from this article… Anyways I must say that these tips here on the best skincare for aging skin is really very insightful, for ladies the skin does really needs a lot big care and attention to always look forever Young.. Drinking of water does really help the skin in the long run.. These tips If well adhered to will really yield amazing results. Nice one.
Hello, thank you for writing. Perhaps women are known to take more care of their skin to look younger, however skin care for men is just as important.
Hey Marisa; the best skincare ageing tips are essential for use by many kinds of lifestyle. As we all know that there is some lifestyle that speeds up the ageing process. Which many of thee lifestyle can be avoided. Lack of sleep is one of them which sometimes caused by bad habits. I will certainly put your suggested ingredients to use on my skin as I noticed fine lines and wrinkles around my eyes and mouth.
Hi there, thanks to you for writing and yes, sleeping is very important as it is the time which helps skin repair.