Small automatic oil press machines for home use are easily available AT AFFORDABLE PRICES. Yay, isn’t that great.
If you landed here it is because you are thinking of making your own freshly pressed oils.
At the present era people are becoming more health conscious. And just like growing your own natural home produce, it is also becoming popular to extract your own pure oils to obtain full nutrition from seeds, nuts, beans and fruit.
The machines can make the work much easier for you than having to expel oil manually, and you can benefit from sourcing pure and fresh edible oil for other uses other than in the kitchen. For example:
- for massage,
- making soaps etc.
Refined Oil vs. UnRefined Oil
How do you distinguish between refined and unrefined oil. Check the Colour, Flavour and Odour.
The commercial and refined type of oil has neutral colour, less flavour and fewer odours. This is due to the processing method that includes bleaching and deodorising for a longer shelf life. The end product has a low percentage of nutritional value.
Homemade or small-scale unrefined type of oil is pure, has neither additives nor solvents or chemicals, less shelf life BUT is more nutritious. The oil has a brighter and darker colour, is very palatable and an intense aroma.
Things to Consider When Buying an Oil Press Machine
Below is a list of what you should know before buying an oil press machine. CHECK IT OUT.
Initial Important Questions
- What Type of Raw Material (seeds etc) would you like to press? Not all machines can expel oil from all types of grains and fruit, though the majority can press-up to nearly 20 oil types.
- Processing Capacity. What Quantity and at What Frequency? Do you plan to expel a large quantity of oil on a daily basis or occasionally for home use? Decide between a mini, small machine and one specific for the type of seed you want to focus on. Or a commercial one, maybe with multiple screws, if you intend to start a small business.
Easy to Connect, Use and Dismantle for cleaning
The most popular expelling machine for home use is the screw type machine that is;
- easy to set up,
- easy to operate and
- easy to dismantle for cleaning purposes. Simply by pulling out a bolt and the screw and chamber are easily undone.
- use at intervals of 4-5 hours. Give it a rest of 1 hour in between. If it is a more mechanically advanced machine it can be operated for up to 7-8 consecutive hours.
How to Use: Basically, the raw material; seeds, fruit, beans or nuts are first placed on a tray cylinder and then automatically pass onto a thick screw that grinds and crushes the grains with continued pressure until the oil seeps through a fine opening into the receptacle that usually comes with the machine. The shells are separated during the process and this waste is extracted through a different outlet into another container.
The screw oil press machine requires low maintenance.
Simple Design & Material
The screw type machine is ideal for home use and also for commercial use. The machine is usually of simple design, made of food grade 300 series stainless steel, and the cheaper machines are made in China or India and the quality is good.
- Electric and consumes less.
- Temperature controlling system. Temperatures range from 60-99ºC.
- Heat up button before usage (requires about 5minutes heating)
- Clean up button for after use.
- Fast and efficient.
- No oil spilling
- One year warranty is a norm. (by that time you would have earned back the initial costs with all the money saved off from buying good quality oils.
Convenient and Economical
- You can press oils in the comfort of your home.
- You can use on a daily basis or whenever you have the time.
- The machines are ideal for home use, or you can make it a hobby, or even a small business.
- Lightweight (average 10-12kg) so you can move it around. Maybe use it at home and at your restaurant.
- Small machines are good value for money.
- High yield oil expelling
Extraction ranges between 44-50% of oil.
Small Machines & A Variety of Raw Material To Press
The moisture and proper storage of the raw material is important for the viability of squeezing the oil from the oil press machine and for obtaining good quality oil.
It is advised to use dry seeds or fruit. Copra or coconut meat should be dried and cut in very small pieces, preferably grated.
Not recommended for olive oil press (favourite of many) unless you are prepared to remove the nut, which does contain oil.
The long list: Peanuts, almonds, walnuts, nuts, brazil nuts, castor bean, soybean, flax seed, hemp seed, sunflower seed, safflower seed, white or black sesame seed, mustard seed, vegetable seed, pumpkin seed, coconut meat etc..
Correct level of moisture yields high oil.
- Always check with the manufacturer if the machine is suitable for the seed or raw material you wish to press.
- Check if it works before throwing away the packaging in case it has some fault and you need to return it.
- Some people comment on the poor quality of the instruction booklets that come along with the machine. However, it is not difficult to figure it out.
Are You Convinced Yet?
- Replace the mixed and refined off the shelf oils. Say YES to making your own natural and nutritious, chemical and additive free oils.
- An Automatic Oil press machine should be a must have in every home.
You no longer have to buy the expensive oils so you can source the pure product. You buy your own seed, nut, bean or fruit and DO IT YOURSELF.
Enjoy Pure Organic Oil; freshly pressed oil always tastes better.
What´s On The Market
Choose from a variety of available Machines For Home Use, according to your needs.
I hope you have enjoyed this review. It would be nice to have your feedback with any experience on extracting oils at home.
Anti Ageing Tips for Women – Beauty & Wellness
This post contains affiliate links. For more information please see my disclosure here